Re: patch to be applied to default or stable ?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: patch to be applied to default or stable ?
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 12:05:04 -0500

On Jan 28, 2012, at 10:55 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On 17-Jan-2012, Ben Abbott wrote:
>
> | On Jan 17, 2012, at 9:14 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
> |
> | > On 17-Jan-2012, Ben Abbott wrote:
> | >
> | > |
> | > |

> improper size.
> | > | >> |
> | > | >> |
> applied to.
> | > | >> |

> has

> we began to use gs to convert eps to bitmap formats. The 3.2.x series would
> have worked correctly.

> | > |
> | > |

> | > I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier.  I do want to be somewhat
> | > conservative about what is applied to the stable branch but this
> | > change doesn't look that risky and it fixes a regression so it might
> | > be best to apply it to the stable branch.  I can transplant it if you
> | > agree.
> | >
> | > jwe
> |
> | Ok. I haven't transplanted before, so I think it best that you do it.
>
> Looking at this today, if I do
>
>  print test.eps '-S1024,768'
>
> the bounding box in the eps file is set to 1024x768, but the size of
> the plot does not fill the bounding box.  Instead, it is in the top
> left corner of the page and occupies about 1/4 of the page area.
>
> Is that the correct behavior?
>
> jwe

No that's not correct.

I see what you describe using fltk, but gnuplot is working correctly for me. I
assume you only see this for fltk ?

I thought I had checked that this was working correctly when I pushed the
changeset below.

        http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/df695e37d404

I'll revert back and verify.

Ben