RE: Release candidate for Qhull 2012.1

From: Brad Barber
Subject: RE: Release candidate for Qhull 2012.1
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 17:35:44 -0500

Hi Melvin,

Many thanks for testing convhulln on Lion and Fedora.

Your results for Lion indicate that Qhull triangulated the output instead of
retaining the cube's facets.  My guess is that for Lion, someone had set
options 'QJ' or 'Qt' which request triangulated output.  You can test this
case, by adding 'FO' to the option list (look for Qtriangulate or QJoggle in
the returned "Options selected").

Try running the qhull program directly on Lion.   Here are the results with and
without triangulation.

# Convex hull of a cube without triangulation
rbox c | qhull i
6
4 6 2 0
1 5 4 0
5 7 6 4
3 1 0 2
7 3 2 6
3 7 5 1

# Convex hull of a cube with triangulation
rbox c | qhull Qt i
12
6 2 0
4 6 0
5 4 0
1 5 0
5 6 4
6 5 7
2 3 0
3 1 0
6 3 2
3 6 7
3 5 1
5 3 7

If you do not find the reason, please send me the log file from option T4.

                                --Brad