RE: Terminal in Octave GUI should work again

From: Robinson, Melvin D
Subject: RE: Terminal in Octave GUI should work again
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 02:19:14 +0000

From: address@hidden address@hidden on behalf of Jacob Dawid address@hidden
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 8:00 PM
To: octave maintainers mailing list
Subject: Terminal in Octave GUI should work again

Hello,

today I pushed a fix for the Linux terminal in Octave GUI. Octave now doesn't run in embedded mode anymore and thinks it runs in a terminal. This _only_ works for Linux as of now. Please understand that I don't have/use a Mac, so I can't provide bugfixes for MacOS. If anyone using a Mac could try to make it compile for MacOS and send me a patch, this would be great.

In order to test it you will need to pull the latest sources for qterminal. Every bug report helps bringing that terminal into a usable state.

Michael: What about getting the Console2 approach in? Does it already work on Windows?

Jacob

When trying to build from Fedora I get this error:
object-files/MainWindow.o: In function `MainWindow::construct()':
/home/melrobin/octave/current_octave/octave/gui/src/MainWindow.cpp:333: undefined reference to `QIRCWidget::connectToServer(QString, QString, QString)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/octave-gui] Error 1