MacOS X GUI build

From: Robinson, Melvin D
Subject: MacOS X GUI build
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 23:49:15 +0000

I am trying to build the GUI on Lion and cannot seem to get past this error:

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/opt/local-native/lib'
ld: library not found for -lqterminal
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/octave-gui] Error 1

I looked at the Makefile and it has /opt/local-native/lib.  Changing this to /opt/local/lib does not help as there are still problems iwth finding the qterminal library.

My question is why would the build process introduce such a directory?  The directory is not on my filesystem.