Re: Octave3.6.0_gcc4.6.2 mingw binaries for testing

From: nitnit
Subject: Re: Octave3.6.0_gcc4.6.2 mingw binaries for testing
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 23:45:14 -0800 (PST)

forkandwait wrote

> 1.  When I right-clicked on an FLTK plot window, octave crashed.  This
> doesn't
> seem to be repeatable though.

I think this is not specific to windows - it has been reprted before -
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/fltk-crashing-octave-td4304790.html#a4305384

forkandwait wrote

> 2.  The help function didn't work properly, taking a really long time, I
> get a
> windows popup error about makeinfo needing to close, and "warning: help:
> Texinfo
> formatting filter exited abnormally; raw Texinfo source of help text
> follows..."
> at the octave prompt.  Not sure if this is a configuration issue.
>
> 3. My command history doesn't seem to go back to previous sessions.
> Again, not
> sure if this is a configuration problem on my part.

I can't reproduce 2 and 3. Regarding 2, can you be more specific - for which
help item you have got the pop-up window ?

forkandwait wrote

> 4.  Can't we keep the binaries on sourceforge, or a site with a little
> less
> cheese?  I am afraid my IT department is going to think I am downloading
> pirated
> movies every time I follow that link ;)

Sorry about that. I don't have such permission for sourceforge. I will try
to find a better sharing service next time.