OctConf 2012: Invitation and call for abstracts

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: OctConf 2012: Invitation and call for abstracts
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 16:13:57 -0500

We have confirmed scheduling of an Octave conference for users and
developers on July 16-20 in Montréal, Canada:

    http://www.octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=OctConf_2012

There will be several sessions in course. The first two days are
dedicated to users, setting up with Octave and the basics of its
usage, plus an invitation to get them involved in Octave development.
The last three days are intended to be of a more development nature.
Everyone is encouraged to attend all five days, but participants may
choose to only focus on one part of the conference depending on their
interests.

Although the conference is meant to be very "hands-on", we are also
inviting speakers on any Octave topic that may seem relevant. Examples
of topics may be research done with Octave, ideas that may improve
Octave development, and general community dynamics topics.

I am therefore writing to invite you to come, and if you would like to
give a presentation, to send me your abstracts.

See you soon, hopefully!
- Jordi G. H.