Re: Availability of 3.6.0 MinGW binaries

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Availability of 3.6.0 MinGW binaries
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 08:32:54 -0800 (PST)

Rik wrote

> On 01/30/2012 10:00 AM, octave-maintainers-request@ wrote:
>>
>>> bpabbott wrote
>>>
>>> The Wiki has a page with instructions for installing Octave-3.6.0
>>> Windows.
>>>

>>> http://www.octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_Win32_Distribution
>>>
>>> If any Windows users are inclined, it needs to be cleaned up and
>>> updated.
>>>
>>> I have added a respective section in
>>> http://www.octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Octave_for_Windows
>>>
>>> The different sections of this page are now linked from main wiki as
>>> Building Octave>Octave for windows
>>> while this page actually describes Installation options under windows.
>>>
>>> Please correct this.
>>>
>>> Nitzan
>> Thanks. I corrected the main page.
>>
>> Ben
> Now that a recent version of Octave is available for Windows platforms,
> can
> we cull outstanding Windows-related bugs on the bug tracker?  A lot of the
> issues are with version 3.2.4 which is really out-of-date.  It would be
> good to close these and link to the Octave Wiki page showing how to get a
> more recent version.
>
> --Rik

Today I went through all the bugs specifically reported for MinGW.
It turned out there weren't so many that were specific to MinGW-3.2.4.

I could close a few obvious ones but found that other issues are still
present :-(

As to the wiki, 3.4.3 seems to work OK (although I find that 3.6.0 works
better) and that version is featured as first on the relevant wiki page.

Philip