RE: Make check error default branch

From: Robinson, Melvin D
Subject: RE: Make check error default branch
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 08:28:47 +0000

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA address@hidden
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 1:48 AM
To: address@hidden; Robinson, Melvin D

Hello

The FAIL was already registered to the bug tracker.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=35364

The error seems to be independent of platforms.

Regards

Tatsuro

--- On Thu, 2012/2/9, Robinson, Melvin D  wrote:

> I just built the current sources for Lion and make check failed one test:
>
> octave:2> test file-io
> warning: sscanf: invalid locale. Try `locale -a' for a list of supported
> values.
>   ***** test
>  assert(sscanf('1,2', '%f', 'C'), 1)
>  assert(sscanf('1,2', '%f', 'fr_FR'), 1.2)
> !!!!! test failed
> assert (sscanf ('1,2', '%f', 'fr_FR'),1.2) expected
>  1.2000
> but got
>  1
> values do not match
>
> Someone on the list might have mentioned something similar to this a few days
> ago, but I do not know what the upshot of that thread was.  Any ideas what is
> causing this?

All of these tests pass on Fedora 16 where I am using GCC 4.6.2.  The test
failed on Lion where I am using 4.5.3.  What are you using on MinGW?