Re: Make check error default branch

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: Make check error default branch
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 10:46:35 +0100

On 2/9/2012 9:09 AM, CdeMills wrote:

Robinson, Melvin D-2 wrote

I just built the current sources for Lion and make check failed one test:
octave:2>  test file-io

  1.2000
but got
  1
values do not match

Someone on the list might have mentioned something similar to this a few
days ago, but I do not know what the upshot of that thread was.  Any ideas
what is causing this?

I plaid guilty.
I've added preliminary locales support in file-io.cc and a test. But this
test fails if you don't have the right locales installed, or no locales at
all. I submitted a patch to only enable locale support it requested. For
now, you may safely ignore it.

Regards

Pascal

Hi Pascal,
there is something wrong in setting the locale for your test.
On cygwin "fr_FR" is a valid locale but the test is failing anyway

$ locale -a |grep fr_FR
fr_FR
fr_FR.utf8
address@hidden

$ grep -i locale config.h
/* Define to 1 if you have the <locale.h> header file. */
#define HAVE_LOCALE_H 1
/* Define to 1 if you have the `setlocale' function. */
#define HAVE_SETLOCALE 1

octave:1> assert(sscanf('1,2', '%f', 'fr_FR'), 1.2)
error: assert (sscanf ('1,2', '%f', 'fr_FR'),1.2) expected
 1.2000
but got
 1
values do not match