Re: F[fs]scanf: if requested, make it locale aware

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: F[fs]scanf: if requested, make it locale aware
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 21:06:12 -0500

On 5 February 2012 10:10, CdeMills <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> herewith enclosed a new version of my patch trying to add locale support in
> F[fs]scanf. The main differences are
> - it must be enabled by the "--use-localized-scanf' switch in configure
> - it not enabled, it won't produce any warning, error or test failure.
>
> Regards

I was about to push this patch, but I noticed that you did it relative
to an old version instead of incrementally relative to the changes
that already exist in Savannah.

I also noticed that your commit message isn't following our
convention. We haven't really agreed on the proper way to do this, I
guess, and we're still figuring out the rules to do this, but roughly,
you should describe in broad terms the changes on each file and
function, according to this example:

    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/3e4350f09a55

It's really supposed to be GNU style, described here:

    http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Style-of-Change-Logs.html

except we have to sort of adapt them to hg and C++.

I'm also hesitant to push this patch because jwe seems to be vetoing
it... I think it's a good way to do things, but I don't want to push a
patch that jwe doesn't like.

- Jordi G. H.