Re: gnulib via http:// instead of git://

From: Dr. Alexander Klein
Subject: Re: gnulib via http:// instead of git://
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:52:07 +0100

Am 22.02.2012 um 10:30 schrieb Thorsten Meyer:

> a request from a poor user locked behind a firewall:
> would anybody mind, if the source of gnulib was changed from
>       git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnulib
>       http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnulib
> ?

Thorsten,

this has been discussed before when I ran into the same problem! For a local
solution see:

https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2011-September/025098.html
https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2011-September/025099.html

JWE thought that instead of fixing it locally in Octave it should rather be
fixed in the gnulib/build-aux/bootstrap script issued along with gnulib itself:

> If there are problems with it, then they should be addressed in the
> gnulib project.  That way the fixes will benefit more than just Octave
> developers.

In the end I didn't get around to reporting the problem to the gnulib people,
but maybe this should be done now since I'm not the only one?

Later,

        Alex

--
          Dr. Alexander Klein, Diplom-Mathematiker

Physiologisches Institut       |               TransMIT-Bereich
Raum 543                       |     für Mathematische Analysen
                               |          und Feld-Simulationen
Aulweg 129                     |          Heinrich-Buff-Ring 44
35392 Giessen                  |                  35392 Giessen