Project proposal for GSoC.

From: SAYANTAN DATTA
Subject: Project proposal for GSoC.
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 09:56:22 +0530

Sir,

   I am looking for opportunities to contribute in the field of parallel processing and GPU computing.As many of the algorithms in mathematics are inherently parallel ,it could save a huge time if we could use the power of GPUs and multicore CPU, especially when the data sets are very large.For example LU decomposition,FFT,matrix inverse ,numerical integration, ODE and PDE solving etc could be computed much faster if they are performed using GPUs and multicore CPUs.

 Also I would like to mention that I'm quiet familiar with OpenCL,OpenMP ,MPI and majority of the numerical methods used commonly in engineering.

 So is there any scope for implementing the above mentioned idea for octave in this year's GSoC?

Thank You,

Sayantan Datta,
Undergraduate student,B.Tech(3rd year)
Electronics and Communication Engineering
National Institute of Technology,Durgapur,India