Re: Building of 3.6.1 using Macports

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Building of 3.6.1 using Macports
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:41:37 -0500

On Feb 26, 2012, at 5:42 PM, rocketdude wrote:

> Dr. Alexander Klein wrote
>
>> I'd like to report a successful build of 3.6.1 on MacOSX 10.6.8 with
>> manually compiled dependencies.
>>
>> Zero failed tests, FLTK works, too.
>>
>> Great work, thanks!
>
> that's great - how did you do it? I've tried both using Macports and
> manually from sources and can't get to the finish line.
>
> Tom

Tom, dd you try Lukas' portfile ?

You'll need  to setup a local macports depo and place the octave stuff in there.

        mkdir ~/ports
        mkdir ~/ports/math
        mkdir ~/ports/math/octave-devel
        mkdir ~/ports/math/octave-devel/files

Now put all the octave stuff where it belongs.

Place octave-3.6.1.tar.gz in the "files" directory.
Place Lukas' port file (I've attached it) in the "octave-devel" directory.
Place both "patch-configure.diff" and "patch-src-display.cc.diff" in the
"files" directory.

Next tell macports about the local stuff.

        cd ~/ports
        portindex -f

Finally, you're ready to build.

        sudo port upgrade octave-devel