Re: Successful build of 3.6.1

From: Dr. Alexander Klein
Subject: Re: Successful build of 3.6.1
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:17:20 +0100

Am 27.02.2012 um 14:06 schrieb Ben Abbott:

> I'm running Macports, so if there is a way to produce an app-bundle please
> point it out to me.
>
> I'm aware that Macports can produce a bundle that can be distributed to other
> Macports users (contains all the octave related stuff in "/port/loca/l..."),
> but that is quite different from what I am looking for.

If I understand the MacPorts documentation correctly, you should be able to use

sudo port mpkg octave

to produce a metapackage containing all dependencies, and which can be used
even without MacPorts.

Of course, people would still have to install X11.app, and open a terminal to
start it with /ports/local/bin/octave.

If starting it from a terminal is too inconvenient, then a file named
Octave.command containing just the line

/ports/local/bin/octave

can be placed on the desktop, and has to be made executable by

chmod a+rx ~/Desktop/Octave.command

A double click on the icon should then be sufficient for start octave in a
terminal.

It's not very elegant, but should work if MacPorts really provides the
mpkg-functionality.

Best,

        Alex

--
          Dr. Alexander Klein, Diplom-Mathematiker

Physiologisches Institut       |               TransMIT-Bereich
Raum 543                       |     für Mathematische Analysen
                               |          und Feld-Simulationen
Aulweg 129                     |          Heinrich-Buff-Ring 44
35392 Giessen                  |                  35392 Giessen