Re: Obtaining sources behind a firewall

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Obtaining sources behind a firewall
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:13:18 -0500

On 27 February 2012 10:49, marco atzeri <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2/27/2012 4:25 PM, Sree wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'd like to contribute to the Octave project - I'm a rookie c++
>> programmer. So I was trying to get the sources - but I'm behind a
>> highly restrictive firewall - so while hg clone works, the git
>> subclone for gnulib fails because it uses the git:// protocol. [ Only
>> port 80 and 443 works for me  ]
>>
>> I can clone gnulib separately by using
>> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnulib.git. Is there something that I
>> can do?
>>

> basic workaround
>
> modify  build-aux/bootstrap   replacing
>  git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnulib
> with
>  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnulib.git

Marco, I don't think I explained subrepos carefully enough. The
bootstrap script by default no longer does the git clone. Instead, hg
does it as part of its own cloning operations, and updates it as
necessary if you update to a different hg revision. That is, hg now
tracks the gnulib revisions alongside its own revisions.

Sree, try adding the following lines to your ~/.hgrc (or Mercurial.ini
if you're using Windows).

    [subpaths]
    git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnulib =  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnulib.git

HTH,