Re: volunteer to test patch for Octave on Windows ?

From: nitnit
Subject: Re: volunteer to test patch for Octave on Windows ?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 02:23:56 -0800 (PST)

bpabbott wrote

> I have a patch on the tracker I'd like to test. Its purpose is to allow
> the gnuplot figure position to be set the by figure's positon property.
>
>       figure (1, "posiiton", ...)
>
> As you mentioned you have 3.6.1 built and running on Windows, can I impose
> on you to test the patch for he bug below ?
>
>       https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?35072
>
> On the other hand, I'm happy to do that myself, but don't have an Octave
> install on my VBOX Windows 7. Is there a way I can download your binary
> installer for 3.6.1 ?
>
> Ben

I have tried the patch on the installed scripts in my recent mingw
octave-3.6.1 and it seems that gnuplot plots are now positioned with
defaults (didnwt function before), the position can be read (get...) but
when changed (set...), it doesn't change the actual plot position !

You can test this yourself with my mingw version (see
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/3-6-1-mingw-binaries-for-testing-td4422532.html)

Regards
Nitzan