Re: 3.6.1 mingw binaries for testing

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: 3.6.1 mingw binaries for testing
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:27:13 +0900 (JST)

--- On Tue, 2012/2/28, nitnit  wrote:

> Tatsuro MATSUOKA-2 wrote
> >
> > --- On Mon, 2012/2/27, nitnit <nitnit@> wrote:
> >

> >> Tatsuro MATSUOKA-2 wrote

> >> Hi Tatsuro,
> >>
> >> Thanks for your updated libraries. I will rebuilt an updated version.
> >>
> >> One additioanl note:
> >>
> >> I have noticed that my build is missing the environment var LAPACK_LIBS
> >> which can be returned by
> >>
> >> mkoctfile -p LAPACK_LIBS
> >>
> >> while it is defined as -llapack in your recent 3.6.0 build
> >> (octave-3.6.0.7z
> >> from http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/).
> >>
> >> Have you "export" this var before your "make" ?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Nitzan
> >>
> > Hello
> >
> > I have confirmed
> > octave:1> mkoctfile -p LAPACK_LIBS
> > -llapack
> >
> > However, I have not export this var explicitly.
> >
> > The exported environmental variable for the 3.6.0 build
> >
> > export CC='gcc -shared-libgcc'
> > export CXX='g++ -shared-libgcc'
> > export F77='gfortran -shared-libgcc'
> > $CC -v; $CXX -v ;$F77 -v
> >
> > export FFLAGS='-g -O3'
> > export CFLAGS='-g -O3 -fno-keep-inline-dllexport'
> > export CXXFLAGS='-g -O3 -fno-keep-inline-dllexport'
> > export LDFLAGS='-L/c/Programs/gplibs/lib -L/c/Programs/OctaveLibs/lib
> > -L/GnuWin32/lib -Wl,--allow-multiple-definition -Wl,--enable-auto-import
> > -Wl,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc-v2 -Wl,--stack,10485760'
> > export CPPFLAGS='-I/c/Programs/gplibs/include
> > -I/c/Programs/OctaveLibs/include -I/GnuWin32/include'
> >
> > I have no idea why  LAPACK_LIBS was set for my 3.6.0 build.
> >
> > Regard
> >
> > Tatsuro
> >

> Hi Tatsuro
>
> After removing some extra export I had (export LIBS='-lgfortran -llapack')
> it seems that LAPACK_LIBS is set properly.
>
> BTW, regarding your build of makeinfo.exe - another pre-built version of
> makeinfo.exe is also provided by msys/bin which is anyway in the exec-path.
> Are there any differences in your version ? Which version is preferred ?
>
> Regards
> Nitzan

Hello

Please see the following bug tracker.
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?35187

It seems that newer makeinfo may solve the issue reported.
Therefore I have built it.

For me help command works without problem without replacing makeinfo. So I do
not know whether newly built makeinfo.exe solves the issue.

Regards

Tatsuro