Re: Testers needed for an Octave-3.6.1 app (X86_64 only) bundle for MacO

From: Liam Groener
Subject: Re: Testers needed for an Octave-3.6.1 app (X86_64 only) bundle for MacOS
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 18:28:42 -0800

On Mar 1, 2012, at 5:50 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

I've put together a *large* X86_64 app bundle for MacOS X. The DMG is about 300MB, and will expand to almost 1GB.

Its runs on MacOS 10.7 (Lion) on an i7 based Macbook Pro. It may only run on an i7 processor ... and/or only on MacOS 10.7.

If anyone is interested in giving it a test-drive, I've started an upload to my DropBox. The public link is below.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14845154/Octave-3.6.1.app.dmg

If you give it a try, please let me know if it runs, if plotting works, your Mac's processor, and the MacOS version your Mac runs. These last two bits of info are available from "About This Mac".

I installed it on both my MacBook Air (core 2 duo) and my iMac (i7), both running OS X 10.7.3. Ran a simple plot (plot(1:10)) on each with both gnuplot and fltk. All worked as expected. I'll let you know if any problems pop up latter. Let me know if you want me to test anything specific.

Liam G.