Re: web pages update

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: web pages update
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 12:23:35 -0600

On 03/02/2012 11:52 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On  2-Mar-2012, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:

| On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 1:28 AM, J.J.Green<address@hidden>  wrote:
|>  Hi Ben, John
|>
|>>  However, after clearing my history and cache, Chrome rendered
|>>  the same result as Safari (a Safari result is attached)
|>
|>  now that I have cleared my cache I get an attractive
|>  looking page too -- apologies for the rookie mistake&
|>  line noise !
|>
|>  Cheers
|>
|>  Jim
|>  --
|>  J.J. Green
|>  http://soliton.vm.bytemark.co.uk/pub/jjg/
|>

| Hi, I just noticed this sentence in the support page
|
| "Community support can be great, and with the Octave community it
| often is, but sometimes you need to know that your question will be
| answered."
|
| Methinks the sentence after "but" should be negative xor "but" is not
| correctly used.

My point was that although the Octave community is very helpful,
sending an email to help list does not guarantee a response.  OTOH, if
you pay for support, you should be able to expect to receive answers
to your requests for help.  Maybe there is a better and clearer way to
say it.

jwe

How about:

Octave community support via the help list is often helpful, but you need to know that sometimes your question will not be answered or will not be answered to your satisfaction.

Or something like that.

Dan