Re: Octave-3.6.1 for Windows (VS2008/VS2010) available

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave-3.6.1 for Windows (VS2008/VS2010) available
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 08:29:23 +0000

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Ole Jacob Hagen
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Great job!!!! ;-)
>
> It's even fast...;-) I've tested the 2010 version with generic libraries.
> Even though my computer is a i7. ;-)

You should be able to use the SSE3/multi-threaded versions (I should
change the "Intel Pentium" terminology). Can you give it a try?

> There are some stuff that needs to be sorted out.
> * png file generation gives ghostscript errors.

Yes of course, I forgot that everything is based on ghostscript now.
Do you have ghoscript installed? If yes, does it work if you put gs
executable in your PATH?

> * Scaling of views in fltk and qt.

That's a bug in octave. It has been fixed in development sources:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/ba01a38bc5c1

> * Marker in Octave cmd prompt in octave-gui is 2-4 spaces on the right,
> compared to where it should be. Confusing at the beginning. ;-)

GUI is experimental. It's also known to crash easily. Don't expect too
much from it. Although I'm no seeing the problem you describe (under
Windows XP).

> But, what a nice surprise and good job.
>
> Will it be easy to build with MSVC-2010? I have MSVC-2010 Professional
> installed on my laptop. ;-)

It's not easy, but I've a set of build scripts that automate almost
everything. What do you want to do exactly?

Michael.