Re: web pages update

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: web pages update
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 09:32:17 -0800 (PST)

John W. Eaton wrote

> I've checked in some significant changes to the web pages.

Nice work!

> Please let me know if you notice broken links or other problems.

Well, I can't find a few links/URLs I often use (they're still in my
bookmarks, and -knowing they exist- I can find them through www.archive.org
in an old version of www.octave.org):

Nabble (both maintainers and help) - http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/
There's no URL to the (nabble) archive of the maintainers list.

URLs to the MLs that I sometimes find much more convenient for browsing:
* Maintainers - https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/
* Help - https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/

A link to Octave-Forge - http:/octave.sf.net
In fact, I couldn't find any mentioning of add-on packages anywhere....

Download links to binaries.
Yes I know about the plans (I have commented (commended) them), but the wiki
(mentioned in the OSX download section) still has a URL to the OSX binary.
Perhaps a note that URLs to paid OSX/Windows binaries will appear soon?

Philip