GSoC: Last call for updating our application

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: GSoC: Last call for updating our application
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 09:08:13 -0500

The Google Summer of Code application deadline for mentoring
organisations is this Friday, March 9. Our application is here:

    http://octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=GSoC_2012_application

Of particular importance for our application is our ideas page:

    http://octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=GSoC_Project_Ideas

It would be very beneficial to Octave if we could get a few paid
students working on our codebase during the summer. If you have a
particular well-defined project in mind that you could sponsor over
the summer and could reasonably be completed by a dedicated student,
please add it to the ideas page. If you think the wording of our
application could be improved in some way to better ensure our
acceptance, also please modify it.

I have already submitted our application by copying over the contents
of the wiki, but I can still modify it up until the deadline on
Friday. If I see any changes between now and Friday, I will include
them in our application.

Fingers crossed for getting accepted!

- Jordi G. H.