Updaters and default property values (was :Changeset 14257 oddities)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Updaters and default property values (was :Changeset 14257 oddities)
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 21:48:20 -0400

Rik,

I just realized the images produced for the docs are modifying the default
paperorientation to "landscape". The entire sequence is ...

function set_print_size ()
  image_size = [5.0, 3.5];
  border = 0;
  set (0, "defaultfigurepapertype", "<custom>");
  set (0, "defaultfigurepaperorientation", "landscape");
  set (0, "defaultfigurepapersize", image_size + 2*border);
  set (0, "defaultfigurepaperposition", [border, border, image_size]);
endfunction

And when the defaults are populated into a new figure the updating of the
property values are not working as intended.

This is causing the images for the figures to be rotated and cropped.

I'm unfamiliar with how the initialization of an objects properties works.

Can someone explain the process to me, or point me to code that does this?

Ben