Re: 2 copies of compare_versions.m

From: Rik
Subject: Re: 2 copies of compare_versions.m
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:31:02 -0700

On 03/14/2012 09:48 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> Message: 6
> Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 17:46:03 +0100
> From: "c." <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: compare_versions.m

>> > on latest 6c3441f3146b
>> > I see only one copy
>> >
>> > scripts/miscellaneous/compare_versions.m
>> >
>> > regards
>> > Marco
> I just did
>
> make distclean
>
> then pulled and updated and I still see another copy of "compare.m"
> in the test/ directory although it is not in the repository in savannah.
> Any idea why it is there?
>
> diff scripts/miscellaneous/compare_versions.m diff test/compare_versions.m
>
> says the two files only differ in that the latter does not include tests.
>
> c.
Try 'hg stat -A test/compare_versions.m' to see what Mercurial thinks about
this file.  My guess is that it is a local copy you made at some point.  It
is not in the Mercurial source tree for me.

Note that 'make distclean' will only take care of files it knows about.  If
you have copied a file into test directory that the Makefile doesn't track
then it won't remove it even with the distclean target.

--Rik