Re: Patch for adding features in Settings GUI

From: Atul jangra
Subject: Re: Patch for adding features in Settings GUI
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 22:27:38 +0530

I am sorry if I have missed out the coding style for Octave. I will update this patch soon.
Please guide me through the process.

2012/3/16 John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
On 16-Mar-2012, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

| On 16 March 2012 10:49, Atul  jangra <address@hidden> wrote:
| > Hey maintainers attached is a patch for adding a functionality to the
| > SettingDialog in the GUI of Octave.
|
| A couple of comments.
|
| Please don't disable code by commenting it out. Just delete it. The hg
| history will show the original code if we want to look at it. Having
| commented-out code clutters reading the source.
|
| Also please provide a commit message. You can look at some examples in
| the hg history:
|
|     http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/
|
| We haven't clearly spelled out the guidelines for writing a commit
| message anywhere, but they're roughly adapted from the GNU coding
| standards:
|
|     http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Style-of-Change-Logs.html

Also, do we care about using a consistent coding style or not?  I
thought we were (mostly) using the GNU coding conventions in all
Octave code.

Atul jangra
Computer Science and Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology ,Delhi