Re: RFC: commit message guidelines

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: RFC: commit message guidelines
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 13:21:42 +0100

2012/3/17 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>:
> We've never really set down a formal document on how to write commit
> messages, and we're all following slightly different styles and ad-hoc
> conventions in our commit messages. I think it's good to uniformise
> this, so I have begun a wiki page about it:
>
>    http://www.octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Commit_message_guidelines
>
> Please fix it, edit it, comment on it. When it seems like it's in good
> shape, we can add it here:
>

> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Basics-of-Generating-a-Changeset.html
>
> Thanks,
> - Jordi G. H.

In the same line, but oriented for newcomers (read newbies), please
also improve this page about creating patches using mercurial. I do
not know if it suits the manual, but definitely is extra info that
belong to the wiki.
http://octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Mercurial_(hg)_cheat_sheet

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal