Re: Why is DLD-FUNCTIONS dir always rebuild ?

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Why is DLD-FUNCTIONS dir always rebuild ?
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:55:45 +0000

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:48 AM, CdeMills <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm doing a few modifications to src/file-io.cc, no header touched. Yet a
> recompilation always implies that everything is recompiled under
> DLD-FUNCTIONS. Is it normal, expected behaviour ?

Changing src/file-io.cc leads to recompilation/relinking of
liboctinterp.la. This then leads to relinking all modules in
DLD-FUNCTIONS, as all of them are linked against liboctinterp.la. This
is indeed expected behavior.

In the above, I assumed that by "everything is recompiled" you
actually mean that relinking step. Or did you mean something else?

Michael.