Re: proposal for new m-file function

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: proposal for new m-file function
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 18:59:06 -0400

I've attached a changeset. I decided to leave interp1.m untouched and to use
Jonas Lundgren's ppfit.m (which is independent of interp1).

https://www.assembla.com/code/zaxxon_scripts/subversion/nodes/trunk/project/scripts/ppfit.m

I'm not sure what the protocol is for including an m-file with at BSD license
in Octave's core.

What I've done it rename Jonas Lundgren's ppfit.m to __ppfit__.m and place it
in scripts/polynomial/private, and then added a ppfit.m with the the tex-info
documentation, some demos, and tests.

I think this meets the terms of the "Simplified BSD License" or "FreeBSD
License" he choose to use.

I've also modified Lundgren's m-file to accept a new weighting input.

Finally, I wrote a wrapper, ppfit.m, and place it in scripts/polynomial.

I've sent Jonas and email in case he has any objections to his work being
included in Octave.

I'll wait a few days to allow him, or others, to respond before pushing.

Ben