Re: GUI design

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: GUI design
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:41:45 -0400

2012/3/30 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>:
> I don't think he's ungrateful. I don't think he's a slimeball.

Ok. Perhaps I'm projecting.

Nevertheless it is completely inappropriate for this piece of
closed-source software to occupy the name "GUI Octave" with the
hostile anti free-software stance the developer has taken. It must be
renamed. It advertises itself as a "completely free" wrapper to "GNU
Octave". It must be explicit that it is not free software as
understood by GNU. This is deceptive.

--judd