Re: Implementation for missing function tetramesh

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: Implementation for missing function tetramesh
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 15:48:08 +0200

Am 31.03.2012 16:36, schrieb Ben Abbott:
> On Mar 31, 2012, at 10:29 AM, Martin Helm wrote:
>
>> Am 31.03.2012 02:45, schrieb Martin Helm:
>>
>>> Attached is a first version for the function tetramesh. I tried to make
>>> it as matlab compatible as possible. Since I have myself no access to ML
>>> probably someone who has can give me some feedback for improvements
>>> before I create a proper patch.
>>> It works with both gnuplot and fltk backend but due to the limitations
>>> of the 3d patches in gnuplot it works best with fltk.
>> Removed some typos in the help text and split the demo into several demo
>> blocks.
>> <tetramesh.m>
> I'll look it over today.
>
> There are some things that can be done to allow this to work for gnuplot.
> I'll address that on the other email.
>
> Ben

After the discussion on the help-octave thread I decided to give the
attached variant a go with the shrinking workaround for gnuplot + using
FaceColor instead of FaceVertexCData.
It works for me with gnuplot's wxt and x11 terminal and fltk (and also
the experimental qthandles backend which I hope will make its way into
core octave).
I will wait a few days for feedback and then create a bug tracker
feature request and upload a hg patch unless nobody wants to add it to
octave (I have anyway to prepare the missing function shrinkfaces in the
meantime).