Parallel Octave

From: Jean Michel Sellier
Subject: Parallel Octave
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 19:02:16 -0400

Hello,

I was wondering if someone would be interested in implementing/using parallel solvers into Octave. There are several good libraries around that could be used right away. PETSC and SLEPC, for example, are very good libraries that do all the job (no need to know anything about parallelization) and they are both released under GPL. Furthermore, the libraries work perfectly on clusters, but also on single CPU machines.

I would like to implement them in Octave and use this new version of Octave on clusters that I can access, but I need help with the implementation.

Is anyone interested?

Thanks,

JM

--
Jean Michel Sellier, Ph.D., M.Sc.

Research Assistant Professor
Network for Computational Nanotechnology
207 S. Martin Jischke Drive
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN, USA

Personal Web Pages: