Escape sequences in *printf family of functions

From: Rik
Subject: Escape sequences in *printf family of functions
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 22:36:39 -0700

4/4/12

John,

I'm almost done adding an internal variable to control escape sequence
processing in single quoted strings.  However, I now find that Octave is
already interpreting escape sequences in single-quoted strings for the
*printf family of functions.  If I now turn on the correct behavior I get
one failing test in strread, but there may be more user's relying on this
behavior.  Is it still acceptable to add this functionality along with a
big note in the NEWS file?

--Rik