Re: Octave 3.6.1 mingw for windows - updated

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.1 mingw for windows - updated
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 09:34:42 -0400

2012/4/5 Sébastien Villemot <address@hidden>:
> During the installation it is possible to only install Octave without
> the Octave-Forge packages (by unclicking a checkbox).

People are basically illiterate. They don't care what they're
installing or why. They just want "everything". They need a little
guidance here.

> From my point of view, if the user installs the Octave-Forge packages,
> he expects them to be autoloaded. At least this is the policy that we
> adopted in the Debian Octave Group.

Debian users have a habit to pay attention to what they're installing
and will complain loudly if packages they don't recognise are being
installed. Windows users have the habit of
"next->next->I-agree->next->next->done".

- Jordi G. H.