Re: Octave core and Forge

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Octave core and Forge
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 14:27:13 -0400

On 5 April 2012 13:26, Lukas Reichlin <address@hidden>
wrote:

> On 05.04.2012, at 18:12, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>
>> On 5 April 2012 12:01, Lukas Reichlin
>> <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Aaah, the Octave Core vs. Octave Forge story.
>>
>> Yes, I wish we could fix this organisational issue once and for
>> all. One of my goals for this GSoC is to improve Savannah so at
>> least we can make it easier to move both OF to Savannah with little
>> difficulty to the people working on OF.
>
> I think we both agree that dividing OF into classes can be done
> independently, we don't have to wait until OF moves to Savannah.

Yes, that's not what I was referring to. The problems we have with
separate distribution, OF devs don't talk to core devs, users get
confused about where to report bugs, problems in packages are noticed
too late when core changes... we need to bring the two projects closer
together to fix all this, and moving OF to Savannah, seems like the
first obvious step to me.

It's a chore, it's boring work, it's not coding, but we really should
get around to doing it.

- Jordi G. H.