Re: Understanding how octave displays arrays

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Understanding how octave displays arrays
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:29:38 -0400

2012/4/9 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>:
> 2012/4/9 Corbin Champion <address@hidden>:
>> Generally, what my patches are solving are deficiencies of the toolchain.
>
> Then patch the toolchain, not Octave.
>
> The problem with those variables is that it becomes an endless chase
> for system-specific behaviour for tons of systems.

Not to mention that the *functionality* of the system might change, so
if you're testing for systems instead of functionality, your #ifdef
__ANDROID__ macros won't do you much good.

Octave has been around for a long time, 20 years. In that time, many
OSes have come and go, so take this as the combined wisdom of the
ancients, distilled into the GNU build system and our autoconf macros
in particular.

- Jordi G. H.