Excellent changeset

From: Rik
Subject: Excellent changeset
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 23:00:42 -0700

4/10/12

Max,

Nice work on nested functions
(http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/be18c9e359bf)!

I benchmarked Octave before and after and didn't detect any slowdown.  I
also put the nested function through some tests and it passed them all
(Well, function handles to nested functions generated an error, but at
least the error message was that this feature was not yet available).

I expanded a bit on your terse NEWS update since I think this is a bigger
deal that coders should know about
(http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/b8edefd8c111).

I'm also going to file two issues on the bug tracker so that they don't get
lost: 1) We need a new subchapter in the func.txi that describes nested
functions, what they are, how to create them, where they are best used,
etc. and 2) We need to add stress tests for nested functions in either
test_func.m in the test/ directory or create a brand new m-file just for
testing nested functions in Octave.

--Rik