Re: demos in package vrml-1.0.11 fail because of call to nth() with varg

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: demos in package vrml-1.0.11 fail because of call to nth() with vargin with Octave 3.6.1
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 10:51:48 +0100

On 13 April 2012 01:03, John Minter <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have been trying to use the vrml package with octave 3.6.1 and
> wanted to work through the demos.

you're on the wrong mailing list. This is for development of octave
core. The vrml package is part of octave-forge, a related project for
octave packages.

> The demos fail because they call the
> function nth() to get the nth argument passed in from the command line
> (vargin). As best I can tell from the search I have done, that used to
> be a valid function in Octave 2.1 in 1997. Evidently, it has been
> removed. I have not been able to determine the correct replacement (I
> am a newbie). Thought I should report the issue.

This package hasn't seen any update in quite a while. The calls to nth
had already been removed in some functions alsmot 2 years ago but no
new release has been made yet.

Can you please replace the files save_vrml.m, vrml_frame.m and
vrml_lines.m with the ones from the development version (see here
http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/main/vrml/inst/
) and see if it's working for you now?

Carnë