Re: graph partitioning w octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: graph partitioning w octave
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 17:52:58 -0400

On 13-Apr-2012, Levente Torok wrote:

| > This question is really for the help list...
| Maybe yes. I just wonder why the hell metis is worth having installed
| during compile if no interface is provided to access it directly from
| octave cli.

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is, but the METIS library
is not used by Octave because it is distributed under terms that are
incompatible with the GPL.

Octave's configure script does not check for the METIS library.

If someone linked your copy of Octave with it, they should not be
distributing the result.