Re: textscan

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: textscan
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:31:03 +0200

Philip Nienhuis wrote:
<follow-up cc'd to octave-maintainers ML>

Graf, Alexander wrote:
<snip>
 > you recently posted a patch to make textscan faster.
<snip>
 > However, I think that in line 168 (of the readily patched
 > file<http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=25423>)
 >
 > fskipl (fid, varargin{headerlines + 1});
 >
 > varargin should be replaced by args. At least that was necessary
 > to run it with my script, where some parameters unknown to
 > octave-textscan might have caused empty entries in varargin that
 > are cleared out in args.

Hmmm, I think you are right. Good catch!
As my patch has already been pushed, I'll (try to) prepare a changeset
this weekend.

Changeset attached.

I also adapted a copyright string in strread.m (was a bit overdue)

Could one of the core devs please check if it is OK and then push it, please?

Thanks,

Philip