AW: textscan

From: Graf, Alexander
Subject: AW: textscan
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 18:56:34 +0000

Dear Philip, der Ben,

I´m not sure I understand every detail of your discussion, but I can assure you
that you do not need to go into trouble thinking how you can attribute this to
me - it was a very small thing after all and it was a pleasure and very helpful
for me to see your quick reaction and further explanations.

BTW, I had another small problem meanwhile but it might be something very
particular to my input dataset, and thus not relevant for most applications.
Also it seems to happen within strread and I didn´t bother to find out how,
maybe it´s a wanted property of strread: It seems that the output arrays of the
different columns can sometimes have different row numbers (at least by 1, this
happened with my data, maybe because of readin problems with the last row). If
collectoutput is active now, I get an error because I try to concatenate
differently long arrays. I could easily fix this, sufficiently well for my own
application, and the fix is quite ugly so probably nothing to include in
afurther patch. When written in 1 previously empty line to avoid any line
number shifts, it looks like this

Line 279        for ir=1:numel(C);siz(ir)=size(C{ir},1);end;msiz=max(siz');for
ir=1:numel(C);if siz(ir)<msiz;C{ir}=[C{ir}; 0];end;end;%%