Re: Patch for bug #36393: "warning" control syntax difference between Ma

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Patch for bug #36393: "warning" control syntax difference between Matlab and Octave 3.6.1
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 17:04:17 -0400

On 8 May 2012 13:13, Stefan <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have fixed bug #36393 that I reported last week. It concerned some
> incompatibilities with Matlab when calling "warning" with a structure array
> to switch on and off particular warnings. Essentially, Matlab uses the
> structure array to *update* the warning options, while Octave uses it to
> *reset* them.

Can you please attach this to the bug report itself?

> This broke 3rd party library code that uses this feature.
>
> The fix is quite straightforward in src/error.cc. I attach the new file and
> the output of "hg diff error.cc".

Can you please commit your patch (hg commit) and export it (hg
export)? With a commit message according to these instructions:

    http://www.octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Commit_message_guidelines

Here are some rough instructions for how to submit a patch Octave:

    http://jordi.inversethought.com/blog/how-to-write-a-patch-for-octave/

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Basics-of-Generating-a-Changeset.html

If you want to send a pull request (e.g. host your clone of the Octave
repo in Bitbucket or similar and tell me what to pull) that's fine
too.

> Could you suggest some topics where you need help?

I've been maintaining this FAQ entry:

http://octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ#How_can_I_get_involved_in_Octave_development.3F

Thanks. I hope this isn't overwhelming. It takes a while to get into
development, so please feel free to ask for help if any of this seems
like too much.

- Jordi G. H.