Re: Empty matrices don't have trailing ones?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Empty matrices don't have trailing ones?
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 10:12:19 -0400

On 10 May 2012 00:46, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out the rationale for having dim_vector::redim
> padding all-zero dim_vectors with zeros instead of ones.

Responding to myself, looks like many tests break if dim_vector::redim
always pads with ones, but the two problems I've encountered like bug
#33216 and x = []; x(:,:,1) do get fixed by padding with ones. I won't
try to investigate the logic, so instead I attempted the attached
patch which disables zero-padding for the two cases in which I think
it doesn't make sense.

I think this breaks ABI or API, and the bug it's patching is very
obscure and minor, so I am thinking about pushing this on the default
branch. Thoughts?

TIA,
- Jordi G. H.