Re: Plotting on mac

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: Plotting on mac
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 13:13:40 -0400

On 05/10/2012 06:16 AM, Dr. Krishna Mohan, T. R wrote:
But, pray, why this restriction in Octave/gnuplot? Matlab has no such problems.

I have found that Matlab does have problems with very large arrays.
They are just different from those in Octave.  My suspicion is that there
is code somewhere in the paths that fails to use appropriate indexing,
but this is pure speculation.  Both systems should be improved since
vary large arrays are increasingly common.  However, this is not
a simple matter since some of the problems may be in places like
OpenGL, gnuplot, etc...  (Matlab uses OpenGL, but does some rescaling
to make it work for reals.)

mdg