Re: Race condition seems to be fixed

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Race condition seems to be fixed
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 14:13:25 +0100

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Jacob Dawid <address@hidden> wrote:
I am not highly familiar with the model/view framework in Qt, especially in mutli-thread, but by googling a bit, it doesn't look like the Model/View interaction is thread-safe.

Michael.

As long as you use the standard model classes it's threadsafe. But I have written my own model class, and that's where I suppose it crashes: While the GUI still assumes it is reading valid data I change the model again. The bigger the model, the higher the probability that this occurs.

But this is not linked to the use of readline event hook, isn't it? I mean, this crash could also happen with the other mechanism you proposed?

Michael.