Re: templated bitwise operators

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Re: templated bitwise operators
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 16:58:36 +0100

On 5/25/12 4:51 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
What's the earliest gcc version we're targetting? Is it still 4.1 or
thereabouts? I can't wait to use C++11 features. I'm hoping next year
we can start doing that.

- Jordi G. H.
I think that as long as Redhat Enterprise 5 is in fairly wide
use 4.2.1 will still need support.  RHEL 6 is the current release,
but many users find it a big hurdle to switch. Redhat does not advise
attempting an upgrade.  Only a fresh install is reliable.  This does
not help the migration.  Also, in an environment where there are
multiple systems mixing 5 and 6 seems to cause problems.

Sad:-(

mdg