Re: GUI variable listing -- tree format always open

From: Israel Herraiz
Subject: Re: GUI variable listing -- tree format always open
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 10:38:32 -0700

Excerpts from Rik's message of Thu May 31 08:48:22 -0700 2012:
> In the variable display window there are 4 expandable trees for the various
> classes of variables (Local, Global, Persistent, Hidden).  I have noticed
> that even when I close a tree because I don't want to see that particular
> class of variable, that it expands again within 1 second.  Apparently when
> the variables are being refreshed from the interpreter to the GUI the state
> of the tree is set to 'open' regardless of the current state.  It's an
> annoyance for things like the hidden variables which I very, very rarely
> want to see.

Actually, I really would like the workspace view to be more like the
output of the whos command. Instead of a tree, a table, with variable
names and class (double, single, etc), a mark indicating whether it's
global, and a preview of the value of the variable (for instance,
for matrix data).

I think hidden variables should be hidden by default :), and the user
could choose in the settings whether to show hidden variables in the
workspace.

Just a suggestion.

Israel