Re: where is __go_delete__() in the sources ?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: where is __go_delete__() in the sources ?
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 08:08:25 -0400

On May 31, 2012, at 10:30 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

> On 31 May 2012 20:17, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I'd like to determine what happens to a gnuplot window when "close
>> (h)" is called. Ultimately, the function "__go_delete__ (h)", but I
>> can't find it in the sources.
>

> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/a08f6e17336e/src/graphics.cc#l9095
>
> HTH,
> - Jordi G. H.

Thanks Jordi/Carnë

What I wanted to determine is whether (1) the gnuplot window closes when
gnuplot exists, or (2) Octave sends a command to gnuplot to close the plot
window before the pipe to gnuplot is closed.

Looking through the sources, I don't see any indication of (2), so I'm assuming
the gnuplot window is closed by sending "quit/n" to gnuplot and then closing
the pipe.

The reason I'm looking at this is because Aquaterm development had started
again and the developers came across an old email of mine where I had wanted to
have Octave/Gnuplot close the aqua figure window. Using x11 this is done by (1)
quiting gnuplot, or (2) "set term x11 close <n>"

Ben