Re: pty.h missing for MacOS X

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: Re: pty.h missing for MacOS X
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 11:02:27 +0200

Ben,

for the problem with settings_dialog, this was my fault. I accidentally refactored code in autogenerated source files (generated by the Qt moc), so it worked for me, but after a hg clean I noticed that I made a mistake. It should be solved in the latest gui tip, though.

As for the libterminal problem: Obviously definig HAVE_PTY_H is wrong on Mac,  I wouldn't mind to use

#ifdef Q_OS_MAC
#else
#endif

for now until we have moved libterminal and the whole GUI to the GNU build system.

In gui/qterminal/libqterminal/unix/kpty.cpp I replaced ...

#if defined(HAVE_PTY_H)
# include <pty.h>
#endif

#ifdef HAVE_LIBUTIL_H
# include <libutil.h>
#elif defined(HAVE_UTIL_H)
# include <util.h>
#endif

... with ...

#include <util.h>

... and my build now completes and I'm able to run the gui. I'll try some tests when I have time.

Ben