Re: Octave 3.6.2 (VS2010) available

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.2 (VS2010) available
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 17:31:26 +0100

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jun 5, 2012, at 8:08 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Octave-3.6.2 compiled with Visual Studio 2010 is now available for download from [1]. Check the README file for a brief description of the content. The most notable changes (besides octave 3.6.2) are:
> - OpenBLAS 0.1.1 (ATLAS-3.8.4 and generic LAPACK/BLAS are still present)
> - Octave GUI based on current gui branch (highly experimental, not for production use)
> - No license accept page in the installer anymore (that's only for Jordi ;))
>
> [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/Octave%203.6.2%20for%20Windows%20Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio/

Michael,

I tried the install on VBOX. The install appeared to go well and all the aliases showed up, but there is no Octave folder in "Program Files (x86)" ... thus, the aliases don't work.

Any ideas ?

First, I would not recommend installing into a directory with spaces. But anyway, I'm not sure what's happening. The shortcuts are created using NSIS $INSTDIR variable, which is the place where (normally) octave is installed. Where is octave installed and where are those shortcuts pointing to?

I don't have access to 64bits processor running Windows, neither to any other Windows version than WinXP. So I can only test under WinXP 32bits.

Michael.