Re: Octave 3.6.2 (VS2010) available

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.2 (VS2010) available
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 14:51:22 -0400

On Jun 5, 2012, at 12:31 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Jun 5, 2012, at 8:08 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Octave-3.6.2 compiled with Visual Studio 2010 is now available for download
> > from [1]. Check the README file for a brief description of the content. The
> > most notable changes (besides octave 3.6.2) are:
> > - OpenBLAS 0.1.1 (ATLAS-3.8.4 and generic LAPACK/BLAS are still present)
> > - Octave GUI based on current gui branch (highly experimental, not for
> > production use)
> > - No license accept page in the installer anymore (that's only for Jordi ;))
> >
> > [1]
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/Octave%203.6.2%20for%20Windows%20Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio/
>
> Michael,
>
> I tried the install on VBOX. The install appeared to go well and all the
> aliases showed up, but there is no Octave folder in "Program Files (x86)" ...
> thus, the aliases don't work.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> First, I would not recommend installing into a directory with spaces. But
> anyway, I'm not sure what's happening. The shortcuts are created using NSIS
> $INSTDIR variable, which is the place where (normally) octave is installed.
> Where is octave installed and where are those shortcuts pointing to?
>
> I don't have access to 64bits processor running Windows, neither to any other
> Windows version than WinXP. So I can only test under WinXP 32bits.
>
> Michael.

I reinstalled without the spaces. I'm able to run Octave on Win7/64.  Plotting
works ok, but printing dumps the core. I assume that is because there is no
support for printing using the qt backend?

Plotting using gnuplot work as well. Printing does not as I don't have
ghostscript installed.

In any event, what are the plans for committing the qt backend to the
developer's sources ?

Ben